Building a Free and Open (decentralized) Cloud by Adam Souzis
Presented by Adam Souzis
This talk is formatted to inculde the following:
- introduction: high-level vision, concept and goals
- more concrete description of architecture and technology
- how this fits into the DWeb ecosystem
- how can we boostrap this?
- from the attention economy to the intention economy: how a free and open cloud can change the economic incentives for building
- demo and Q/A
Adam is founder of OneCommmons.org. He has long had an interest in decentralized and participatory systems: In 2003 he released Rhizome, the first open source semantic wiki; he cofounded Kinecta, a leading provider of syndication and aggregation solutions; and built Glam/Mode Media's OpenSocial-based distributed apps platform.
Adam likes to balance his research projects with a practical business side. He has launched a variety of companies, including a street fashion social network (stylemob.com), a cannabis tech platform (Octavia Wellness), one in ad-tech (Graphite) and one blocking ads (FairBlocker).
He is thrilled to finally bring these two sides together with OneCommons: a decentralized, non-proprietary platform with a viable business plan.